1. Check Power
- Verify the RTU disconnect is in the ON position.
- If no LEDs are lit on the motor controller, then remove its junction box cover and check voltage from: L1 to L2, L1 to L3, and L2 to L3. (For the P04 and P05 controllers, the terminals are designated as U, V, and W.) You should read +/- 10% of unit voltage.
- If proper voltage is present but no LEDs are lit, you must replace the motor controller.
2. Connect with Turntide Technician App
- Using your phone or tablet, try to connect to the motor controller with the Turntide Technician App.
- If you were NOT able to connect to the motor controller with the Turntide Technician App, go to the next step (3. Check Antenna).
- If you were able to connect to the motor controller, go to step (4. Join Network.)
3. Check Antenna
If you were NOT able to connect to the motor controller with the Turntide Technician App, verify that the antenna connection to the motor controller is finger-tight.
- If the antenna connection is finger-tight (and still no connection), remove the remote antenna and try connecting using the standard antenna that arrived in the box with the motor controller.
- If you are able to connect now with the standard antenna, then the issue is with the remote antenna. You must replace the remote antenna.
- If you are NOT able to connect with the standard antenna, verify that you have Wi-Fi enabled on your mobile device. If you have Wi-Fi enabled, then the two antennas are NOT the issue, and you must replace the motor controller.
- Note: Motor controller has a female antenna connection so the antenna itself must have a male connection.
4. Join Network
Verify that the motor controller is joined to the RMK network using the Turntide Technician App:
- In the motor screen, tap Settings.
Tap Network. The Network Settings screen appears and the RMK network name/SSID is displayed.
- If a network isn’t shown, then tap the Join Wireless Network option that appears.
- Enter the SSID number and the Password exactly as they appear on the label (mix of uppercase and lowercase letters). Both are found inside the RMK enclosure cover.
5. Check RSSI
Once you have joined the network, verify the wi-fi network signal strength (RSSI) at the motor controller:
- You must be connected to a motor controller with the motor home screen visible in the Turntide Technician App.
- Tap Settings and then Advanced Settings.
- Tap Network Diagnostics. The RSSI value is displayed.
- If the RSSI is poor, contact Turntide Technical Support 877-776-8470 (877- PRO-TIP+) for RMK upgrade options.