This article covers the required steps for configuring alerts for your site and organization on the BOS Dashboard. The steps below can only be performed by organization admin users. If a user is unable to perform any of the steps below, please escalate the issue to your organization admin to update user permission levels.
Alert Notification Settings
- Open https://app.softwaremotor.com/sites. Log in using your SMC credentials. Type the site name in the search window on the left side of the screen. Select the site and navigate to the Settings tab
- In the Site Settings section toggle the "Allow new Alerts to be created for this site" button from off to on to enable alerts to be generated for this site.
- In the Site Settings section toggle the "Send me email notifications about alerts at this site" to receive email notifications for new alerts at a particular site.
Alert Trigger Settings
In the Alert Trigger settings users can adjust the alert trigger sensitivity for the following 3 alert types:
- Supervisor Offline Alert: Time delay can be adjusted between 0-1440minutes (24hrs). System Default Value is 30mins.
- Motor Offline Alert: Time delay can be adjusted between 0-1440minutes (24hrs). System Default Value is 30mins.
- RPM Speed Mismatch Alert: RPM difference can adjusted between 0-200rpm. System Default Value is 10RPM.
Users have the following 2 options while adjusting alert trigger settings at a site level:
- Use the Organization alert trigger values
- Overwrite with a custom value that will apply to all motors at the specific site overwriting the organization alert trigger settings
Users have the following 2 options while adjusting alert trigger settings at an organization level:
- Use system default values
- Overwrite with a custom value that will apply to all motors in the organization
Organization level alert trigger settings can be found under the org name in the global settings page