This article covers the required steps for adding equipment (Supervisors/Motor Controllers) to your site on the BOS Dashboard. Only Organization admin users can add supervisors to sites.
- Open https://app.softwaremotor.com/sites. Log in using your credentials to get to site page below
- Type the site name in the search window on the left side of the screen. For example: "Steve’s Shop". The site search bar can search by site name, organization name or fields within the address fields.
- Select the site to be taken to the site's Home Page. Then navigate to the Hardware tab to see Supervisors and Motors that part of the site. Click "Add Supervisor" to add new supervisors. If "Add Supervisor" is not visible, escalate to your organization admin to update your user permissions to admin.
- Enter the Supervisor Serial Number and Password. These can be found on the Supervisor itself.
- Once the Supervisor is added, click on the 3 dots on the right and rename the supervisor to the unit that it is installed on (ex. "RTU-3 Supervisor")
Adding and Renaming Motors
After the Supervisor is added, any motors connected to the Supervisor will automatically populate as long as they're connected to the modem. You will be able to see connected motors as individual motor tile cards on the summary page. Update the Motor names to the RTU that the motor controller is installed on.