Adding a Rule for a Widget allows dynamically changing Widget’s appearance based on a defined condition (conditional formatting is applied).
A Rule consists of a Point value-based Condition and Action(s) to be applied to a Widget if a Condition is met. Multiple Actions can be defined for a single Condition.
- Equal To - apply Action(s) to a Widget if actual Value is equal to the specified Value
- Greater Than or Equal To - apply Action(s) to a Widget if actual Value is greater than or equal to the specified Value
- Less Than or Equal To - apply Action(s) to a Widget if actual Value is less than or equal to the specified Value
- Not Equal To - apply Action(s) to a Widget if actual Value is not equal to the specified Value
- Set Border Color of a Widget
- Set Border Width of a Widget
- Display or Hide a Widget
- Set Font Color of a Widget
How to configure a Rule
Add a Widget on the Canvas that supports Rules (e.g. Text String, Value, Shapes)
Specify a Data Source for a Widget (see Report Builder - Adding a Data Source for a Widget). NOTE: if you’re referencing another widget’s data, must add ‘Retrieve Attribute Value’ Transformer to get the Value a Rule will be based on (please find more info on ‘Retrieve Attribute Value’ Transformer at Report Builder - Filtering and Transforming Data through Data Pipeline
Select the Widget, go to the Properties tab and click on ‘Add Rule’
Configure a Rule, click on ‘Save’
NOTE: A Widget must support the Action applied: e.g. can’t change the font color for a Shape widget, can’t change border width/color for Text/Value widget.
A Rule appears in Rules list
Examples of Rule Configuration
|Example||Rule Configuration||Rule Application||Important Notes|
A Rectangle changes its Border Color, Border Width and Fill in case of Point Value is equal to 9
A Value widget changes its font color in case of Point Value is greater than or equal to 5