This is an introduction to the universal input jumper, pin selections, on your model SL120 Turntide motor controller.
For each universal input, or UI, there is a jumper with six pins, with pin numbers 1 through 6:
- Bridge pins 1 and 2 for Resistive/logic inputs
- Bridge pins 3 and 4 for 0-10 dc voltage inputs
- Bridge pins 5 and 6 for 0-20mA current inputs
- Jumper J11 is used for the UI1 input
- Jumper J12 is used for the UI2 input.
- Jumper J13 is used for the UI3 input.
- Jumper J14 is used for the UI4 input.
- The four jumper locations on a SL120 motor controller are located here.
For resistive/logic inputs, such as when connecting a thermistor temperature sensor, bridge pins 1 and 2 on the jumper.
For transmitters requiring an external power source, the SL120 Motor Controller has built-in 24 volt dc power suppy labeled as P24, to power transmitters requiring a 24 volt dc power source. The 24v power common and universal input commons are internally tied together. This helps simplify wiring and installation of 3-wire voltage and current transmitters as well as 2-wire current transmitters.
For DC voltage inputs, such as when connecting a 3-wire 0-10Volt temperature or humidity transmitter, bridge pins 3 and 4 on the jumper.
For current inputs, such as when connecting a 3-wire 0-20mA temperature or humidity transmitter, bridge pins 5 and 6 on the jumper. Bridging pins 5 and 6 also applies when connecting a 2-wire 0-20mA transmitter.