This is an introduction to the universal input DIP switch selections, on your model P06 Turntide motor controller.
For each universal input, or UI, there is a DIP switch with three switches, with switch numbers 1 through 3:
- Move switch 1 to the ON position for Resistive/logic inputs
- Move switch 2 to the ON position for 0-10 dc voltage inputs
- Move switch 3 to the ON position for 0-20mA current inputs
DIP Switch Uses
- DIP switch SW2 is used for the UI1 input
- DIP switch SW3 is used for the UI2 input
- DIP switch SW4 is used for the UI3 input
- DIP switch SW5 is used for the UI4 input
- The DIP switch locations on a P06 motor controller are located here.
For resistive/logic inputs, such as when connecting a thermistor temperature sensor, move switch #1 on the DIP switch, to the ON position
For transmitters requiring an external power source,the P06 Motor Controller has built-in 24 volt dc power suppy labeled as P24, to power transmitters requiring a 24 volt dc power source. The 24v power common and universal input commons are internally tied together. This helps simplify wiring and installation of 3-wire voltage and current transmitters as well as 2-wire current transmitters.
For DC voltage inputs, such as when connecting a 3-wire 0-10Volt temperature or humidity transmitter, move switch #2 on the DIP switch, to the ON position
For current inputs, such as when connecting a 3-wire 0-20mA temperature or humidity transmitter, bridge pins 5 and 6 on the jumper. Bridging pins 5 and 6 also applies when connecting a 2-wire 0-20mA transmitter.