What is Monitor Only Wiring?
- Monitor only is defined by a Motor Controller wired in parallel with the 24V signals from the thermostat. With Monitor Only, the thermostat still directly controls RTU heating and cooling stages.
- With Monitor Only, the drive does not control the RTU, only the blower motor.
Characteristics of Monitor Only Setup
- BMS or Thermostat has no direct physical connection to the Turntide motor controller’s inputs
- Turntide motor controller inputs are wired to the RTU unit terminal board
- Turntide motor controller outputs are now available for other potential uses, such as run status or alarm/warning indication. NOTE: Supported only with a Monitor-Only specific cascade flow.
- The thermostat/BMS will send the 24 V signal to the motor controller and RTU unit terminal board simultaneously.
Monitor Only Wiring Setup
- Wiring can vary based on the logic flow or control method. The pin out diagram for each control method in the Technician App should be used to confirm which terminals to use.
- The SL121 and P06 motor controllers are prewired with a blue input cable.
- The P04, P05, and SL120 motor controllers are prewired with a white input and black output cable.
- The white input is wired in parallel with the thermostat 24V signals to the RTU.
- The black cable was wired for 24V Common.
Important: If you are replacing an existing Turntide Motor Controller (P04, P05, SL120) with an SL121 or P06, you will notice that the pre-wiring scheme has changed.
- New controllers are intended for Monitor Only integration.
- If you do not wish to use the new Monitor Only control wiring method but want to maintain the Full Integration control wiring, you MUST use the existing wiring harness. See Special Case: Replacing Old Turntide Motor Controller with a P06 or SL121 Motor Controller.
Monitor Only Wiring Diagram for P04, P05, and SL120 Motor Controllers